Saturday, October 15, 2011

Quotations about Listening

Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you'd have preferred to talk. ~Doug Larson


We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus


Lenin could listen so intently that he exhausted the speaker. ~Isaiah Berlin


Listen or thy tongue will keep thee deaf. ~Native American Indian Proverb


Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. ~Winston Churchill


The young people who come to me in the hope of hearing me utter a few memorable maxims are quite disappointed. Aphorisms are not my forte, I say nothing but banalities.... I listen to them and they go away delighted. ~Andre Gide


I tell you everything that is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying. Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying. ~Charles C. Finn


No one really listens to anyone else, and if you try it for a while you'll see why. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966


Home is where you can say anything you like cause nobody listens to you anyway. ~Author Unknown


The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn't being said. ~Peter F. Drucker


If animals could talk, the world would lose its best listeners. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com


My wife says I never listen to her. At least I think that's what she said. ~Author Unknown


The most precious gift we can offer anyone is our attention. ~Thich Nhat Hanh


Don't worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you. ~Robert Fulghum


Lots of people talk to animals.... Not very many listen, though.... That's the problem. ~Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh


The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen. ~Tommy Smothers


I guess I've spent my life listening to what wasn't being said. ~Eli Khamarov, America Explained!


Children have never been good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them. ~James Baldwin


No one is listening until you fart. ~Author Unknown


Women like silent men. They think they're listening. ~Marcel Achard, Quote, 4 November 1956

No comments: