Thursday, October 13, 2011

Quotations about Exercise

Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness. ~Edward Stanley


If it weren't for the fact that the TV set and the refrigerator are so far apart, some of us wouldn't get any exercise at all. ~Joey Adams


Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it. ~Plato


Fitness - if it came in a bottle, everybody would have a great body. ~Cher


There are really only two requirements when it comes to exercise. One is that you do it. The other is that you continue to do it. ~The New Glucose Revolution for Diabetes by Jennie Brand-Miller, Kaye Foster-Powell, Stephen Colagiuri, Alan W. Barclay


There is a necessity for a regulating discipline of exercise that, whilst evoking the human energies, will not suffer them to be wasted. ~Thomas de Quincey


The only exercise some people get is jumping to conclusions, running down their friends, side-stepping responsibility, and pushing their luck! ~Author Unknown


Movement is a medicine for creating change in a person's physical, emotional, and mental states. ~Carol Welch


A man's health can be judged by which he takes two at a time - pills or stairs. ~Joan Welsh


The word aerobics came about when the gym instructors got together and said, "If we're going to charge $10 an hour, we can't call it jumping up and down." ~Rita Rudner


I have to exercise in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing. ~Marsha Doble


A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise. ~A.A. Milne


I get my exercise acting as pallbearer to my friends who exercise. ~Chauncey Depew, also sometimes attributed in slightly different wording to Mark Twain


I really don't think I need buns of steel. I'd be happy with buns of cinnamon. ~Ellen DeGeneres


Commit to be fit. ~Author Unknown


It is exercise alone that supports the spirits, and keeps the mind in vigor. ~Marcus Tullius Cicero


The only valid excuse for not exercising is paralysis. ~Moira Nordholt, feelgoodguru.com


My idea of exercise is a good brisk sit. ~Phyllis Diller


Aerobics: a series of strenuous exercises which help convert fats, sugars, and starches into aches, pains, and cramps. ~Author Unknown


Any workout which does not involve a certain minimum of danger or responsibility does not improve the body - it just wears it out. ~Norman Mailer


Exercise is a dirty word. Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate. ~Author Unknown


An hour of basketball feels like 15 minutes. An hour on a treadmill feels like a weekend in traffic school. ~David Walters


I consider exercise vulgar. It makes people smell. ~Alec Yuill Thornton


Better to hunt in fields, for health unbought,
Than fee the doctor for a nauseous draught,
The wise, for cure, on exercise depend;
God never made his work for man to mend.
~John Dryden


People say that losing weight is no walk in the park. When I hear that I think, yeah, that's the problem. ~Chris Adams


If the poor overweight jogger only knew how far he had to run to work off the calories in a crust of bread he might find it better in terms of pound per mile to go to a massage parlor. ~Christiaan Barnard


I believe that the Good Lord gave us a finite number of heartbeats and I'm damned if I'm going to use up mine running up and down a street. ~Neil Armstrong on jogging, in an interview with Walter Cronkite


If your dog is fat, you're not getting enough exercise. ~Author Unknown


You can cheat on your boyfriend or girlfriend but not on your workout. ~Author Unknown


I am pushing sixty. That is enough exercise for me. ~Mark Twain


Exercise is the yuppie version of bulimia. ~Barbara Ehrenreich


Whenever I feel like exercise, I lie down until the feeling passes. ~Robert M. Hutchins

No comments: